Friday 3 April 2020

Television Actors Take on Indian Mythologies




Rohitashv Gour who plays Tiwari Ji in &TV’s Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai says,
 “When it comes to Indian mythologies, children belonging to smaller cities relate better since they are more well versed with the stories, via regular street plays on the escapades of the likes of Ram-Leela and the great Mahabharata. Children in the bigger cities, albeit know what these stories essentially are, don’t seem to show much interest in delving deeper. With the onset of online streaming, content consumption has become very fast-paced. Most kids would find these shows a slow watch. I keep educating kids by asking them questions on the epics occasionally. However, I feel bringing these shows to the current generation in visually attractive narratives would really help build and sustain their interest. I would urge all the viewers of &TV, especially in the metro cities to encourage their children to watch shows such as Ramayan and Mahabharat. This is the best time and probably the only time you would get to enjoy such meaningful shows at the comfort of your own homes. Stay indoors, stay safe, Kyuki Hum Ghar Ke Andar Toh Corona Bahar!”

Jiten Lalwani who plays Maharaj Kesari in &TV’s Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram says, “Mahabharat, Ramayan and Jai Hanuman are my all-time favourites. I have grown up watching these shows and that’s how the interest towards this genre developed within me. I believe these shows via several fascinating stories convey a hidden message which is relevant to generations across. While we try to inculcate moral values amongst our kids, I believe these shows are the best way to do so. Personally, I have always tried to keep the interest towards these stories alive with my kids. They used to and still love watching these tales in the animated form and having known so much they are always keen on hearing stories. Moreover, they absolutely enjoy watching my show, Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram, and now that Ramayan would also be showcased on &TV, we look forth to watching this as a family together. Wishing all our viewers a Happy Ram Nawami. Stay home and stay safe, Kyunki Hum Ghar Ke Andar Toh Corona Bahar”

Himani Shivpuri Katori amma of &TV’s Happu Ki Ultan Paltan says“Ramayan has always enamoured me and been a huge part during my growing years. While entertainment may have diversified in the last few years, I am certain children today still relate to these stories and love watching them too. In my opinion there are no other shows that can teach them things such as patience, sacrifice and the value of truth. These qualities are fundamental in making children self-sufficient, righteous and courageous human beings. I would be revisiting all these shows with my son during this period and I would also like to encourage viewers of &TV to spend time with their children at home watching these shows, Kyuki Hum Ghar Ke Andar Toh Corona Bahar!”  

Nirbhay Wadhwa who plays Bali in Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram shares, “Today’s generation certainly relates to mythological shows as the presentation of such shows has increased tremendously in the General Entertainment channels space. With constant evolution of VFX and graphics, the shows look magnanimous and larger than life as compared to the old classics. These days mythological shows have gained impetus due to the faith and spirituality that parents are instilling in children at a very young age. In my childhood, since there were very few channels available on television, we only watched Ramayana or Mahabharata. With the evolution of the television industry, kids these days have a variety of mythological shows to watch from. My all-time favourite mythological show apart from Mahabharata and Ramyana would be Vishnupuran that aired while I was growing up. I feel through the variety of mythological content available on television children are inspired to watch and understand the scaredness of their culture. Given the current scenario nationally, I would like to urge all the viewers to stay indoors and watch shows that bring in positivity because #Hum ghar ke andar toh corona bahar.”
  


Ashish Kadian who plays Indresh in Santoshi Maa – Sunaye Vrat Kathayein shares, “My all-time favourite mythological shows are Jai Hanuman and Ramayana as I have learnt a lot including how to be modest through the characters of Ram and Hanuman. Today children prefer watching cartoons over devotional shows, but I am glad to see more and more families encouraging their kids to watch mythological content. I urge all the kids to watch shows like these for them to know about different facets of Indian culture. Since there’s a complete lockdown and people are at home, they can watch Santoshi Maa – Sunaye Vrat Kathayein which talks about the different Vrats that one can undertake to maintain spiritual wellbeing. I strongly appeal everyone to stay at home unless there is an emergency because #hum ghar ke andar toh corona bahar.”
  

Shubhangi Atre who plays Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain shares“Since my childhood I have always loved watching mythological shows, and Ramayana has been my all-time favourite. During that time there was only one broadcast channel and everyone at home would look forward to having a family viewing. I try to inculcate the same in my daughter. So, ever since she was born, I have been narrating mythological stories to her and she would curiously ask me about Gods and Goddesses. I can gladly say that she has also developed a liking towards this genre, and she loves to watch mythological shows with me on TV. The current generation is becoming more and more aware of spirituality and the power of faith and hence they are drawn towards the genre unlike us who watched these shows as there was nothing else available at that time. I feel a lot has changed in the mythological genre and now children get to watch not only Ramayana or Mahabharata but also different stories of Gods. Also, this is the time to maintain inner peace and calm so please watch light-hearted content and stay at home because #hum ghar ke andar toh corona bahar.”

No comments:

Post a Comment